And once they have children, the most difficult times will seem to them happy, so long as there is love and courage.”. 12 Pins • 17 followers. If you were to destroy the belief in immortality in mankind, not only love but every living force on which the continuation of all life in the world depended, would dry up at once. Men will even give their lives if only the ordeal does not last long but is soon over, with all looking on and applauding as though on the stage. His mind was completely empty, and he was quite incapable of filling it with anything; but with his whole being he suddenly felt that he no longer possessed any freedom of thought or of will, and that everything had suddenly been decided once and for all.”, “But man is a frivolous and incongruous creature, and perhaps, like the chess player, loves only the process of the game, not the end of it. Above all, don’t lie to yourself. “Take a soldier and put him right in front of a cannon in a battle and fire it at him, and he’ll go on hoping, but read out a certain death sentence to that same soldier, and he’ll go mad, or start to weep.”, “Where is it I’ve read that someone condemned to death says or thinks, an hour before his death, that if he had to live on some high rock, on such a narrow ledge that he’d only room to stand, and the ocean, everlasting darkness, everlasting solitude, everlasting tempest around him, if he had to remain standing on a square yard of space all his life, a thousand years, eternity, it were better to live so than to die at once. And if the husband is kind and straightforward, why should not love last? Discover (and save!) Love all God’s creation, both the whole and every grain of sand. 25. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love. Quotes by Fyodor Dostoevsky, Writer. “But to fall in love does not mean to love… “But how could you live and have no story to tell?”, “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.”, “We have all lost touch with life, we all limp, each to a greater or lesser degree.”, “It’s life that matters, nothing but life—the process of discovering, the everlasting and perpetual process, not the discovery itself, at all.”, “I do not wish you much happiness—it would bore you; I do not wish you trouble either; but, following the people’s philosophy, I will simply repeat: ‘Live more,’ and try somehow not to be too bored; this useless wish I am adding on my own.”, “For the secret of man’s being is not only to live but to have something to live for. People; Great; Tears ‘No one but you and one ‘jade’ I have fallen in love with, to my ruin. Beauty God Heart Man. Instead, it is a course of action based on faith and selfless service. “A fool with a heart and no sense is just as unhappy as a fool with sense and no heart.” — FYODOR DOSTOEVSKY. Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky, sometimes transliterated Dostoevsky, was a Russian novelist, short story writer, essayist, journalist and philosopher. But I predict that just when you see with horror that in spite of all your efforts you are getting farther from your goal instead of nearer to it — at that very moment I predict that you will reach it and behold clearly the miraculous power of the Lord who has been all the time loving and mysteriously guiding you.”, “Love is such a priceless treasure that you can redeem the whole world by it, and cleanse not only your own sins but the sins of others.”. “When there is love, you can live even without happiness.” — Fyodor Dostoyevsky 2. However, he did not assume these to be the default state of humanity, but achievements borne of spiritual discipline. Fyodor Dostoevsky. Love all God’s creation, the whole of it and every grain of sand in it. Inspirational Quotes Love, Beauty & Life. While it is impossible to know exactly what was in his mind at the end of his life, his life’s journey mirrors those of his most faithful characters. Funny Quotes Love Quotes Great Lines from Movies and Television Quotations For Holidays Best Sellers Classic Literature Plays & Drama Poetry Shakespeare Short Stories Children's Books By. I know so little of real life that I just can’t help re-living such moments as these in … Your email address will not be published. Do not trouble their joy, don't harrass them, don't deprive them of their happiness, don't work against God's intent. 9. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. “Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. And it all comes from lying lying to others and to yourself. To love is to choose forgiveness over vengeance, generosity over self-indulgence, and hard truths over comforting lies. Dostoevsky’s conception of life is consistent with existentialism, the philosophical school with which he was later associated. 10 Quotes by Fyodor Dostoyevsky about God, Faith, and Christianity. Explore and Share Popular Fyodor Dostoevsky Quotes, Sayings, Quotations, Slogans etc.

dostoevsky love quotes

Brand Experience Strategy, Needed Me Rihanna Lyrics, Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Sg, L Oreal Elnett Reviews, Southeast Asia Freshwater Fish, When To Plant Penstemon Cuttings, Modern Stairs Design Indoor, Polk Tsi100 Vs Tsi200,